This is a collection of inverse cursors which replace all the standard cursors in Windows 95/98/ME or NT/2000/XP. You'll never have to worry about having to look at only one color, just move the cursor and it changes! Also included are a number of alternate animated cursors in keeping with the inverse or multi-color theme. A few unanimated inverse arrow cursors have shown up on the internet, but this is the first full inverse scheme and I experimented with a number of ideas which would keep the inverse concept yet still be easy to find against a similar colored background. I believe that I was able to develop these into a set that could be used everyday.
For those of you using Windows 2000/XP, the cursors will automatically be available for the user who makes the installation. For other users, unless they also run the install program, they will have access to the individual cursors but not the prebuilt cursor schemes.
you wish to use ANY of these cursors for ANY OTHER USE than the
ones stated above, send a request for permission via email to
I also have 3D Green, 3D Yellow, 3D Red, 3D Orange, 3D Blue, 3D Purple, 3D Maroon, Flat Blue 3D, Neon, High Visibility, Christmas, and New Year Animated Cursor Schemes available! For their home pages click these links.
|3D Green Animated Cursors||3D Red Animated Cursors||3D Yellow Animated Cursors|
|3D Orange Animated Cursors||3D Purple Animated Cursors||3D Maroon Animated Cursors|
|Flat Blue 3D Animated Cursors||Neon Animated Cursors||High Visibility Animated Cursors|
|3D Blue 2 Animated Cursors||Christmas Animated Cursors||New Year Animated Cursors|
Download the Animated Inverse Cursor Scheme!
Note: The sponsor for my download file requires an intermediate display page and you will have to click on the download link on that page. The file will NOT download automatically from these links.
|Download Location 1:||WinSite|
|Download Location 2 (Europe):||Esse Graphic Resources|
for changing cursors in Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP
A courtesy Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP installation instruction
is included in the zip file under "AInvReadme.txt." The
instructions are also repeated here for information. (If you have a
non-standard Windows 95/98/ME/XP installation folder, just copy the
cursors into your "Cursors" folder and then follow the manual installation instructions in steps 4, 5 & 7.)
Animated Inverse Cursor Scheme does not
have technical support. If you don't know what you are doing,
please get help from someone who does.
1. Unzip the AniInvCr.zip file using an unzip utility able to handle long file names such as WinZip. The default directory will be "\Windows\Cursors\AniInverse." If you have Windows 2000 or NT or XP Pro or do not use this as the default directory on your computer, unzip the files into the correct "cursors" directory/folder. For Windows 2000, NT, and XP Pro this is "WinNT\Cursors\AniInverse" and this will be the folder the registry file looks for. If you do not use the correct folder you will get alot of error messages that the cursors cannot be found when you open the Mouse Control Panel and will have to start over.
2. In Windows Explorer go to the directory/folder that you unzipped the cursors to. You have a choice to install just the cursor scheme and not change your cursors or to install the scheme and the cursors. To install the scheme but not change any cursors, if you have Windows 95/98/ME/XP Home installed, right click on the "AInvScheme.reg" file and click on "Merge." If you have Windows NT/2000/XP Pro installed, right click on the "AInvSchemeNT.reg" file and click on "Merge." This adds a Animated Inverse Cursor Scheme to the mouse control panel, but will NOT make any changes to your existing cursors. To install the scheme AND the cursors, if you have Windows 95/98/ME/XP Home installed, right click on the "AInvInstall.reg" file and click on "Merge." If you have Windows NT/2000/XP Pro installed, right click on the "AInvInstallNT.reg" file and click on "Merge."
3. To activate the "Animated Inverse Cursor Scheme," manually select the scheme, or to make any changes to other "busy" and "application in background" cursors, follow the directions below.
4. In Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP, click on "Start," then "Settings," then "Control Panel."
5. In Control Panel, double click on "Mouse" for Mouse Properties. Click on "Pointers" in Mouse Properties.
6. If you installed the scheme using the installation files, under "Scheme," if not already showing the "Animated Inverse Cursor Scheme," click on the arrow for the drop down menu and double click on the "Animated Inverse Cursor Scheme" entry. You should now see the Animated Inverse Cursor for each default entry. If you did not install the scheme, you may manually select each cursor and then save your sheme by following step 7.
7. To keep the set shown, just click on "Apply" and go to Step 8. To change any of the cursors, select that cursor and click on "Browse," double click on the Animated Inverse Cursor Scheme (AniInverse) directory, then select the new cursor desired from those listed. Then click "Open." You should now see the new cursor shown for that event. Continue this until you have all the cursors the way you want. At this time you may want to save this as a custom scheme. Type in a scheme name and click on "Save As." To initiate the new cursors, click on "Apply."
8. Exit Mouse Properties and Control Panel. You're done!
Note 1: Ainvatom, ainvspin, ainvstarcolor1, ainvstarcolor2, and ainvstargold are 256 color cursors. You must have Windows 95 Plus! installed and a true or high color video card to take advantage of these icons (enable high color mode under "Settings/Control Panel/Display Properties/Plus!"). You can also use Microangelo Engineer (shareware) or MULEVEL (freeware), but still must have a true or high color video card. MULEVEL is available from this site by clicking on the following link:
Note 2: Ainvtimer is a 60 second timer and can be used to measure waiting time for your applications.
Disclaimer of Warranty
These cursor files are "AS IS" and come WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. Because of the various hardware and software environments into which these cursors may be put, NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IS OFFERED. You take full responsibility for their use, suitability, and consequences. They are not guaranteed to work on your computer or your application. The user must assume the entire risk of using these files, including their installation. If your computer crashes, I am NOT responsible, nor am I responsible for any collateral damages or consequences of any kind. YOU are the ONLY one responsible for their use. (Remember you got this for free!) Unzipping the compressed file or any of its contents constitutes acceptance of this disclaimer and the license.
These cursors are intended for those familiar with their computer's operating system and are not provided with technical support. (If I provided support I would have to start charging for my cursors instead of keeping them as freeware.) Technical questions are best answered by your local computer expert, the computer supplier or the operating system software company. For example, many Windows questions are answered in the knowledge database at MICROSOFT.
A good resource for trouble-shooting cursor problems is Dierk's List of Animated Cursors - Troubleshooting.
The inverse cursors are my unique work. I have included ideas developed from making my other cursors (see the links above). Some of the colored cursors were developed from animated gifs. The animated gold star cursor is used with permission from a freeware gold cursor set by Matt Brown. Unfortunately the link to his page is no longer valid.
In response to a frequently asked question on where to get cursor editors, I am providing the following link to Dierk's ANIMATED CURSOR UTILITIES PAGE which provides download links to cursor editors.
If you have comments or questions which are not related
to the installation of cursors you may contact me at
The Animated Inverse Cursor Scheme was a "top" download and was rated FIVE STARS at SuperShareware.
The Animated Inverse Cursor Scheme was rated a FOUR STAR EDITOR'S PICK at ZDNet.
The Animated Inverse Cursor Scheme was rated FIVE STARS at About.com.
The Animated Inverse Cursor Scheme was rated FOUR SMILES at Rocketdownload.
The Animated Inverse Cursor Scheme was a "top 10" download at Icon Shareware.
The Animated Inverse Cursor Scheme was a "popular" download at CNet Downloads.
In the U.K., the Animated Inverse Cursor Scheme was rated FIVE STARS at 5 Star Shareware.
In Korea, the Animated Inverse Cursor scheme was rated 4.5 at My Folder.
The Animated Inverse Cursor Scheme also appears at:
|www.32bit.com||PC Win Resource Center||No Nags||Freeware Home|
|Media Horizon Freeware||WinSite||Desktops Unlimited||Download Free Trial|
This Cursorphiles site owned by
W. J. Harnden, Jr..
Prev | List | Random | Next
Powered by RingSurf!